Residences & Community
Home. It’s a simple word that everyone can identify with; one syllable with infinite significance and varying context. We've made it our priority to provide an environment that allows you to thrive. Currents is the beginning of forward living with everything you want throughout a place to call HOME.
Well defined living spaces are thoughtfully appointed with subtle undertones and earthy accents in your new residence. Modern Meets Industrial in our sweeping renovations revealing vintage treasures around every corner, shaping a lifestyle experience you won’t forget.star star star
Floor Plans & Features
Actual floor plan design features may differ slightly.All Plans
From the fully appointed galley kitchen, spacious dining area and impressive bedroom & living quarters, a residence at Currents is just the place you've been looking for to drop anchor and settle in.
- Hardwood Flooring
- Stainless Steel Appliances
- Open & Airy Floor Plan
- Spacious Rooms
- Cabinetry with Custom Details & Natural Finishes
- Walk In Closet*
- Abundant Storage Space
- Warm Natural Paint Accents
- Private Patio & Balcony
- Chrome & Brushed Nickel Hardware
- Stainless Steel Sink with Delta Chrome Faucet
- Thoughtful Wood Accents
- Individually & Thermostatically Controlled Heating & Air Conditioning
- Additional Dining Space
- Subway Tile Shower Enclosure
- Contemporary Window Treatments
- Additional Bathroom Space*
- Integrated Dishwasher & Sink Disposal
- Cooking Fuel*
*Features & Inclusions may vary with Apartment Selectionstar star star
Map of Currents
Get into the swim of things in the bikini blue waters of our sparkling Outdoor Pool. Lounge in comfort on the Sun Deck and savor the fleeting moments of Minnesota summer.
Dip & Detox year round in this scenic and inviting oasis. Enjoy an invigorating dip in the bikini blue waters or cozy up with a book as the warmth and humidity of the environment replenishes you. Wait... there's more! Promote overall wellness with a detoxification regimen in the tranquility of the Dry Saunas, designed with a flirty flair.
Business & Recreational Building
Centrally located, this bustling hub of the CURRENTS Community goes overboard with amenities and convenience. Here you will find the home of our Concierge Department with access to the Natatorium, 24-Hour Fitness Center, “Vitamin D Station” Tanning Suite, Around-the-Clock Vending, the Coffee Café and The DeckHouse & Management Office.
Raise fruit, vegetables, herbs and flowers in your own community garden plot. The garden helps relieve stress and promotes wellness while providing social opportunities that build a sense of community…..hence Community Garden.
Nature Observation Deck
With a window into nature, you are guaranteed to be fascinated. Watch the incredibly social, intelligent, crafty, clever and funny critters show off for an audience.
How many birds do you hear? What types of trees and foliage can you identify? A quiet area for birding, reading and exploring nature, this Sanctuary will transport you out of the city and into the country for a unique natural experience and relaxing retreat.
Off Leash Bark pArk
The off leash Bark pArk is conveniently located near the canine friendly buildings and constructed in the shape of an ARK! With lookout portholes and drawbridge gates, this is the perfect place for quick trips and a DOGGONE good time.
Off Leash Dog Yard
For big fun, the private off leash DogYard offers over 23,000 square feet of total play area, including obstacle courses, bone-shaped pools, and more! Dogs can be dogs; humans are permitted at dogs’ discretion.
Get acquainted and engage! From Elvis to the a Bird of Prey Show......you never know.
Picnic & Barbeque Stations
So much more than just cooking, to barbeque is a bonding experience! Take advantage of the wonderful spring, summer and fall weather to gather family and friends for a fresh air picnic. Stations are offered for your convenience throughout the flowing grounds.
Located in a giant sandbox, our playground gets children moving and having fun at the same time. Rock climb up to the look-out tower, then soar down the slide. Swing into action and traverse the climbing module for Tons-O-Fun for everyone.
Play for health or just for fun! Combine your social life with exercise using one of our courts. Your game…..basketball, volleyball or tennis? We offer them all. No Equipment? No Problem! We offer complimentary equipment rentals.
Residents enjoy the convenience of complimentary off-street parking throughout our Community with designated 'Resident Only' spaces.
Complimentary Off-Street Visitor Parking is available for our Resident's guests on the North and South sides of the Community.
Cars and trucks and boats...OH MY! Your garage will have plenty of space to store your everyday commuter & seasonal toys. Select from single or double stall garages.
Currents is conveniently located on the Plymouth-Minneapolis bus transit lines! Just outside your door is a MetroTransit Express Stop; Route 772 for a quick trip to the heart of downtown Minneapolis.
Refuse and Recycling
Join our Community in it's commitment to Making a Difference by REUSING, REDUCING & RECYCLING.
Residents may send & pick up packages, rent movies, arrange services, secure complimentary rentals and so much more with our Concierge Department and on-site Store.
Controlled Access Entry
Controlled access building entry door.
Ancillary Entry; Passkey Required.
Laundry Service Centers
The Laundry Service Centers are convenient, well-equipped and designed to save resources. Each year, our residents' commitment to our environment reduces water consumption by 3 MILLION GALLONS and avoids the use of 114,100 pounds of metal through the use of shared machines. To date, together, we've saved 111,000KW of electricity and 111,200,000 BTU's of natural gas!
Resident mailboxes located inside this entry. Passkey Required.
- Extra Space
- Regulated Entry
- Climate Controlled
- Just Steps from your Door
- 24/7 Access
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: WHAT IS THE SECURITY DEPOSIT?
- In order to secure an apartment home for the Application & Approval process, applicants are required to place a deposit of $500.00 towards the desired apartment home. This amount is fully refundable up until the point of approval in most circumstances.
- Q: WHAT IS THE APPLICATION FEE?
- The application fee is $50.00 per person or married couple. Anyone residing in the apartment home over the age of 18 is required to apply as a leaseholder. Additional fees may apply if the applicant has lived outside of Minnesota in the previous 3 years.
- Q: DO YOU ALLOW PETS AND WHAT IS THE COST?
- We LOVE our FURRY FRIENDS! We warmly welcome cats and dogs and do not have restrictions on size or breed. Large and small we take them ALL! There are dedicated Canine Friendly buildings within our Community. A $500.00 non-refundable ONE TIME Pet Fee is required per household (not per pet). Monthly Pet Rent is $15 per feline and $25 - $35 per canine. There are no fees at this time for bunnies, gerbils, guinea pigs, birds, hamsters, chinchillas, hedgehogs and other small animals.
- Q: DO YOU HAVE EXTRA STORAGE AVAILABLE?
- Yes! They are spacious and SO convenient! Storage Spaces are $45.00 per month. Contact the Management Office today to find out if any special rates are available!
- Q: WHAT SCHOOL DISTRICT ARE YOU LOCATED IN?
- Currents is located in the Wayzata School District, ISD #284. Most of our school-aged residents attend Birchview Elementary, Central Middle or Wayzata High School. You can visit www.wayzata.k12.mn.us for more information.
- Q: I READ _______ ONLINE.
- Take a look at just about any company and you will see unfavorable reviews. While we try to please and accommodate all our residents, we find sometimes you just can't please everyone. We encourage people concerned about things they read online to contact the City of Plymouth Housing Inspections Department to find the facts AND better yet......come take a look for yourself and make an educated decision about what you've read. Please know Currents operates as a Fair Housing Provider and is managed by a company that has maintained its licensing at a state and local level for over 25 years.